Are you a boater in the Tampa Bay Area looking for a fun way to spend your 4th of July weekend? How about this year, instead of going to another house, block party or community center, go to one of the many pristine beaches here in Florida! Or better yet, sale on your boat to view the many fireworks displays that Tampa Bay has to offer. Where should you go? What should you do? There are many great options to choose from, here are just a few.
- Craig Park, a great natural destination with growing plants and wildlife, is located on 398 S. Spring Blvd. in Tarpon Springs, and is a nice way to spend your July 4th weekend with friends and family. Craig Park has boat ramps, a playground, tennis court, picnic areas, and a wonderful recreation center. Enjoy a picnic from 10am – 2pm and then watch the fireworks from your boat at the lovely Sunset beach.
- Tampa Bay’s Premier Dining Yachts offers a great family-friendly firework cruise! Spend time with the family eating and enjoying our nation’s annual celebration of our independence. They offer a premium bar, a buffet of American foods, and a talented DJ. You can depart from Tampa or from Clearwater. Follow the link for more information on times, pricing and dress code information.
- Victory Ship, an SS American Victory World War II merchant steamship celebrates the 4th of July with a Family Fun Fest and Fireworks. How about you hop on aboard and join the fun? Follow the link for more information on pricing and times.
- Downtown St. Petersburg will have fireworks go off at Spa Beach that can be viewed from the city’s waterfront parks and The Pier. Sail in on your boat and enjoy the view from the water. Sounds like a beautiful way to spend an evening watching fireworks!
- Madeira Beach 4th of July Festival features hula-hoop contests, food, drinks, music, and a kid’s play area. Come for the fireworks and stay for the family fun!
- St. Petersburg Beach has fireworks brought to the community by The Tampa Bay Beaches’ Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy the ocean breeze and the sand beneath your toes as you gaze up at the stars to see loud and proud fireworks!
- Sea Screamer thrill ride! Want to turn your typical calm 4th of July weekend up a few notches? View Clearwater’s fireworks on the Sea Screamer speedboat! This is a kid favorite and you’re even guaranteed a dolphin sighting!
Other locations that you can view fireworks: Channelside Fireworks will be launched from Garrison Channel and can be seen from Channelside, Bay Plaza, The Florida Aquarium, the American Victory Ship, Yacht Starship, Cotanchobee Park, the Marriott Waterside, the Forum and Harbour Island.
There are plenty of spots around the bay area for your family to enjoy the fireworks and create lasting memories this 4th of July. Even if you don’t have a boat, there’s plenty of fun to be had!
Where’s your favorite spot to watch fireworks with your family? Do you usually take the boat out? Let us know your 4th of July traditions in the comments below!